FLORIDA MODELING AGENCY LAWS
Florida Modeling Agency Laws - Regulation of talent agencies; definitions - Duties of the department; authority to issue and revoke license; adoption of rules - License requirements - License; fees; renewals - Qualification for talent agency license - Fees to be charged by talent agencies; rates; display - License; content; posting - Bond required - Records required to be kept - Prohibition against registration fees; referral - Labor disputes; statements required - Talent agency regulations; prohibited acts - Legal requirements; penalties - Collection and deposit of moneys; appropriation - Sexual misconduct in the operation of a talent agency
468.412 Talent agency regulations; prohibited acts. --
(1) A talent agency shall maintain a record sheet for each booking. This shall be the only required record of placement and shall be kept for a period of 1 year after the date of the last entry in the buyer's file.
(2) Each talent agency shall keep records in which shall be entered:
(a) The name and address of each artist employing such talent agency;
(b) The amount of fees received from each such artist;
(c) The employment in which each such artist is engaged at the time of employing such talent agency and the amount of compensation of the artist in such employment, if any, and the employments subsequently secured by such artist during the term of the contract between the artist and the talent agency and the amount of compensation received by the artist pursuant thereto; and
(d) Other information which the department may require from time to time.
(3) All books, records, and other papers kept pursuant to this act by any talent agency shall be open at all reasonable hours to the inspection of the department and its agents. Each talent agency shall furnish to the department, upon request, a true copy of such books, records, and papers, or any portion thereof, and shall make such reports as the department may prescribe from time to time.
(4) Each talent agency shall post in a conspicuous place in the office of such talent agency a printed copy of this part and of the rules adopted under this part. Such copies shall also contain the name and address of the officer charged with enforcing this part. The department shall furnish to talent agencies printed copies of any statute or rule required to be posted under this subsection.
(5)(a) No talent agency may knowingly issue a contract for employment containing any term or condition which, if complied with, would be in violation of law, or attempt to fill an order for help to be employed in violation of law.
(b) A talent agency must advise an artist, in writing, that the artist has a right to rescind a contract for employment within the first 3 business days after the contract's execution. Any engagement procured by the talent agency for the artist during the first 3 business days of the contract remains commissionable to the talent agency.
(6) No talent agency may publish or cause to be published any false, fraudulent, or misleading information, representation, notice, or advertisement. All advertisements of a talent agency by means of card, circulars, or signs, and in newspapers and other publications, and all letterheads, receipts, and blanks shall be printed and contain the licensed name, department license number, and address of the talent agency and the words "talent agency." No talent agency may give any false information or make any false promises or representations concerning an engagement or employment to any applicant who applies for an engagement or employment.
(7) No talent agency may send or cause to be sent any person as an employee to any house of ill fame, to any house or place of amusement for immoral purposes, to any place resorted to for the purposes of prostitution, to any place for the modeling or photographing of a minor in the nude in the absence of written permission from the minor's parents or legal guardians, the character of which places the talent agency could have ascertained upon reasonable inquiry.
(8) No talent agency, without the written consent of the artist, may divide fees with anyone, including, but not limited to, an agent or other employee of an employer, a buyer, a casting director, a producer, a director, or any venue that uses entertainment. For purposes of this subsection, to "divide fees" includes the sharing among two or more persons of those fees charged to an artist for services performed on behalf of that artist, the total amount of which fees exceeds the amount that would have been charged to the artist by the talent agency alone.
(9) If a talent agency collects from an artist a fee or expenses for obtaining employment for the artist, and the artist fails to procure such employment, or the artist fails to be paid for such employment if procured, such talent agency shall, upon demand therefor, repay to the artist the fee and expenses so collected. Unless repayment thereof is made within 48 hours after demand therefor, the talent agency shall pay to the artist an additional sum equal to the amount of the fee.
(10) Each talent agency must maintain a permanent office and must maintain regular operating hours at that office.
(11) A talent agency may assign an engagement contract to another talent agency licensed in this state only if the artist agrees in writing to the assignment. The assignment must occur, and written notice of the assignment must be given to the artist, within 30 days after the artist agrees in writing to the assignment.
History.--ss. 12, 15, ch. 86-292; s. 2, ch. 89-66; s. 3, ch. 90-202; s. 63, ch. 91-137; s. 13, ch. 91-156; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 28, ch. 94-119; s. 8, ch. 2009-195.
ABOUT - TERMS - NEWS - OPINION - RATES - FEATURES - MODELING CAREER RISKS - TAMPA MODELING SCAMS - RISK ANALYSIS SYSTEM - TAMPA BAY MODELS - TAMPA MODELING JOBS - MODELING RESOURCES - TAMPA BAY - CONTACT - TAMPA MODELING BLOG - TAMPA MODELING SERVICES
Raptor Class Web Site by Eos MediaArts, a Passinault.Com company. Raptor Class 0001, commissioned 011806.0800 hrs. Raptor 3 Variant of Raptor Class.
Web Site Design and photography by Aurora PhotoArts Tampa Bay Photography and Design. Tampa Bay Events by upcoming Passinault event planning and stage production companies (as of 12/27/16, those businesses are coming along, well). Word to Ya.
Tampa Bay Modeling Web Site Launched 10/18/04. Redeployed as a 3rd Generation Raptor Class site on 01/18/06. Raptor 2 upgrade applied 09/07/07. Upgraded to Raptor 3 variant on 12/16/07.
05/02/12 - 01/13/13 - 07/24/13/2023 - 01/24/14/0824 - 01/01/15/0905 - 01/28/15/0945 - 01/03/16/1844 - 01/03/16/1852 - 09/02/16/0445 - 12/27/16/0339
© Copyright 2004-2017 Tampa Bay Modeling. All rights reserved